Friday, December 30, 2011

So last night my wife gave me some questions to answer.  About what a good game is.  There were criteria listed and all was moving along.  Then I realized, I don't know the answer to these questions yet.  I mean I know what I think are good games.  I know what I want my kids to play.  But, it isn't that easy to elaborate upon.  So I'm going to really put some thought into answering the questions and post it when it's done.  Deal?  Wicked.

In the interest of posting everyday I have a rant I would like to go off on explaining the differences between Sonic and Mario.


  • Age: Mario is five years older than Sonic.  This of course not entirely true but if birthdays are to be believed... This doesn't really matter much but it's something.  
  • Speed:  Well Sonic wins here but it's not really a competition.  What is a competition is Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics which is fun ,but how is it even possible for mario, or anyone for that matter, to keep up with sonic?  Ridiculous but fun.  :)
  • Mario is a stereotype:  For this, I hate Mario.  Every word he utters makes the Italian in me want to protest every game.  I don't of course because the games are always gold, but grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mario is racist.
  • Sonic has too many ancillary characters:  Fact!  It drives me insane.  It's like SEGA got lost in trying to keep with the Mushroom Kingdom that they forgot that they aren't like that.  At the most Sonics' universe can currently only handle The basics.  Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy rarely, and Metal Sonic.  This is IT!  All others are holdouts from failed franchise extensions.  I'm glad SEGA has put the story back in to some sort of order.
  • Mario rarely trips up:  You know it's true.  Almost all the characters work in the universe.  Mario can race, play tennis, fight, golf, and party.  What a wonderful cast.  I often refer to The Nintendo as the next Disney because it's true.
Honestly these aren't important considerations but I really needed a frame for pointing out that Mario is racist.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment