Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mario Party 2

       So yesterday Diana, Bianca and I beat "Mario Party 2" on our Wii of course on the virtual console service..  I say beat because we actually got credits and everything.  :)  .  Bianca and I have been playing it for a while, playing boards, collecting coins, buying mini games.  and then last thursday I bought our last mini game, toad disappeared from the hub area to be replaced by a koopa kid.  and there in the middle of our board choices was a new board.  A Bowser board!!! <GASP>.
     So Bianca and I waited to play it.  Partially because Bianca was sort of afraid of the board.  She also hates Bowser.  So on Tuesday we brought Diana in to the mix and we played.  We only chose 20 turns and went to it.  I, as always, chose Mario.  Diana was Yoshi and Bianca was, of course, Peach.  Luigi was controlled by the computer and was a cheating, mean bastard.  If you play a lot of Mario games (ex. Mario Kart) you know how brutal characters like Peach can be.  I feel like Luigi was being helped by the board but we still kicked him in the teeth.  
     So after everything Diana and Yoshi came out victorious.  and so we watched the longest cutscene in the game and sat back to watch the credits roll.  Bianca thought it very cool that she had helped beat her second game.  She said it was her first because she didn't really play Ocarina.  (I still count it but for her I call this her first.)  
     I bring up Mario Party because Bianca has liked it for a while now.  I tell you though as a parent.  BE PATIENT!  more often than not what will happen is that you have to throw a mini game to keep them in it, or you'll have to loss because you have no other choice.  These games aren't ALL about the mini games so much as they are about Bonus stars, and good rolls, and star stealing, and teaching your child how to pay attention to what is going on on the board.  It is tough because she can't read, but she does learn what stores and spots do.  
     Either way I suggest a Mario Party for every family.  It really is 4 player fun for everyone.    

Happy gaming!

Joe

In case you want to snag it, here is the page on Nintendo.com
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/1wWLs-g1b1KY6RIKDbgHZqGH1BCoxPXn

No comments:

Post a Comment